I had a fabulous first mothers day! I am definitely one lucky momma! We had a really nice relaxing morning playing with Ethan and cuddling then we headed up to boulder for a little hike. It was our first hike with Ethan and it was great; very short but beautiful and great to spend sometime in the mountains as a family. We walked along the boulder creek trail for a bit after before we headed to an old favorite place for dinner, The Boulder Cafe. Andy and Ethan were so thoughtful and wonderful and got me a fabulous gift for mothers day. They got me a gift certificate to a really nice near by spa so I can go get a massage and pampered. Andy said part of Ethan's gift was that he'd be really good while dad watched him and part of Andy's gift was he'd watch Ethan while I go to use my gift certificate. :)
Andy and I were talking the other night about all the things that have surprised us most about being parents. I've thought about it a lot the last few days and one of the things that have stood out most was how much love I instantly had for Ethan and how incredibly connected I feel to him. I would do anything for him. Becoming a mom has been a pure true joy and given me a new sense of purpose in life.
I am very thankful that I get to be Ethan's mom
I'm thankful that I got to go through a healthy pregnancy and natural child birth with Ethan
the day Ethan was born
I am thankful to Ethan for making me a mom and to Andy for making it so I get to be a stay-at-home mom
I am thankful I get to teach Ethan new things and about the world
I am thankful Ethan teaches me new things and how to be a mom
standing with dad this weekend - 11 weeks old playing on his play mat batting at toys
I'm thankful for all of Ethan's adorable smiles
Ethan's first bath in the bath tub instead of the kitchen sink yesterday
I am thankful Ethan loves kisses from mom - (he gets tons of them)
I'm thankful Ethan has made us a happy little family of three
No comments:
Post a Comment