Monday, August 10, 2009

3 months!

We’ve made it to the 3 month mark! We go in for our 12 week appointment today (a week late so it’s kinda our 13 weeks apt) and are really excited about it. All weekend we’ve been talking about how we get to go see our baby today! We’ll have another ultrasound today and also hear our babies’ heart beat! Andy hasn't heard the heart beat yet, so I'm really looking forward to getting to hear it together! Our baby should look more like a baby in this ultrasound rather than the little dot we saw in the first one. We are having the nuchal fold scan done today which will check for spina bifida, Down syndrome, and other chromosomal abnormalities. So I’m feeling a bit nervous about it, but God has taken care of everything so far and I know He will continue to do so. It will still be good to hear the doctor say that everything is normal and our little one is still growing like he/she should be.

So now that we’ve made it to the 3 month mark we’ve started telling more friends and extended family as it comes up. It’s been really great to get to start sharing our good news with everyone! Although, we’ve spent the last 3 months trying to be careful to not say anything about it and not to spill the beans, it’s odd at times to be able to actually talk about it now. But it’s exciting to get to share it with others! I’m thinking that I need to tell work soon, I think a few people are a bit suspicious, including my boss, and the frequent doc appointments don’t help. So I’m thinking that this week I’ll sit down with my boss and let him know. I think Andy will let his work people know as well, we have his company picnic sat so I’m sure they will all find out then if not before that.

No comments:

Post a Comment