Friday, April 23, 2010

2 months old!

Ethan is 2 months old! It's hard to believe that is was just two months ago that we were at the hospital getting to hold Ethan in our arms, where has the time gone. It has been a great two months with our little guy and we're loving getting to be Ethan's parents.

He's growing up quite a bit. We have a pretty good routine going and he's sleeping pretty well at night. He gets up twice in the night to eat, usually once around 12:30 or 1 and then again around 4:30 or so, he goes back to sleep very quickly and easily once he's done nursing usually. He's started to be able to sooth himself back to sleep as well, he'll make some noises for a few minutes then fall back asleep. Sometimes when he wakes up he'll just lay there happy making little noises and looking at shapes on the walls or at the ceiling fan. He loves to stand up and look around, it's one of his new favorite things to do. His legs are really strong and can support his weight, sometimes he'll grunt a bit and stretch his neck and look up when he wants to stand up or be lifted and look at what's up there. When we hold him sitting up he holds his head up on his own and can turn and look around. He responds to us talking to him and playing with him quite a bit more now and will give us plenty of smiles and coos to let us know he's happy. 

I love getting to be home with Ethan and see so much of his personality


Ethan loves baths, he's all smiles while he's in the water and even gets excited as I get him ready for his bath. Baths are still in the kitchen sink right now but I think we might have to move to the tub soon.


All bundled up and resting in his swing before we take Buster to the dog park


I love all of Ethan's adorable smiles! He is extra smiley in the morning and loves it when we blow on his belly or make silly noises and play with him.




Ethan's serious look while he's studying faces


Hanging out with his monkey - 2 months old



I love that his little feet still fit in my hand




Ethan's doggie Buster is always there to look after him and protect him no matter where we're hanging out.


 

Ethan loves cuddles with mom and dad.

2 comments:

  1. wow! his eyes are still so dark. It's hard to tell if they're blue or brown in the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. his eyes are a really dark blue. I'm guessing they'll stay blue because both Andy and I have blue eyes (I hope they do at least). His eye's were so dark when he was born they were almost black.

    ReplyDelete