Wednesday, October 21, 2009

23 Weeks and Strong Little Ears

We are at 23 weeks; it’s hard to believe we are already over half way there! He is growing a great deal; he should weight a bit over a pound now and measure about 11.5 in long or so. With him growing so much so am I. My belly button has disappeared for the most part; it’s nearly flush with my belly now. I guess it's about time for those belly shots I've been asked about. The picture in the pink is at 7 weeks and the one in the black sweater is at 21 weeks.

Looking at the picture from 21 weeks I realize that I have grown in the last two weeks. There are days when my skin almost hurts it feels so tight its as if it has stretched as far as it will go. But then amazingly enough it stretches some more and creates more room for our lil’ guy to grow.

I read that this week that his middle ear is developing further and therefor his hearing is getting better. He can now hear our voices and will start to recognize them so that when he's born he will know him mom and dad's voices already. It also said that he will start to respond more to loud noises as they are a lot more clear. That explains his extra movments/cheering during the Broncos game monday night. I love knowing that he is already starting to get used to our voices and will find them comforting. He's also becoming familiar with Buster's whipmers and groans and the other sounds of home.

He's even kicking now as I'm writing about him.

No comments:

Post a Comment