Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Yoga & Tap Dancing

I’ve been taking a prenatal yoga class at the rec center since September and I’m really enjoying it. I’ve always wanted to try it out but just never did it. When we found out I was pregnant we decided that now would be a great time to go for it. They say yoga is really good during pregnancy, both for momma and for growing baby, so that was my motivation to finally sign up for a class. It’s just once a week for an hour but its great, it’s really relaxing, and good stretching and excercise. It also helps with those aches and pains of pregnancy. It’s been great to get to know some other mom’s-to-be in our area as well and connect with them. They also have a postnatal class I'm planning on going to after our little one is here. I look forward to yoga every week, I really missed it last week when we didn’t have class because of Thanksgiving. I think our little guy likes it as well, at the end of class when we do our few minutes of relaxation time he always starts kicking and moving around a ton. I love it.

Also, it being at a rec center there are all sorts of different classes in the surrounding rooms. There is a little kid’s tap dancing class next door that is right in the middle of our yoga class. It only lasts about 20 minutes or so but it’s hilarious. Right now they are mostly learning to walk in a circle in time with each other. How adorable must that class be.

No comments:

Post a Comment