Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Remembering and Thankful

Today as I sit and think about the events that occurred 12 years ago I can't help but be thankful. Thankful for the life that I have and all of the blessings that God has given me and thankful that even through such horrible tragedy God brings good from it. There were friends, classmates, and our teacher who didn't make it home that day, others who spent the following days at the hospital and many more of us who slept in our own beds that night. All of our lives were forever changed that day. For many of us it made us grow up quickly while learning how to deal with such unexplainable tragedy and grief. It also made us stronger; it made me stronger in my faith and in my appreciation for each day that I have and the people that I am fortunate enough to share it with. It taught us that life is precious and each day truly is a gift. 

Today especially, I am thankful for my family and friends around me. I am thankful that God has given me Andy as my best friend and husband to share this life with and that God has blessed us with Ethan. I am thankful that I get to be Ethan's mom sharing in his joy while he discovers the world around him.  Even though I don't always understand it or am able to see it clearly I take comfort in knowing God is there and has greater plans. Today I am thankful for the life God has for me and am taking it one day at a time. 

Jeremiah 29:11
 For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord,plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future

Matthew 6:34
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of it's own

No comments:

Post a Comment