We are at 28weeks or 7months! I had my 28week appointment today which included my gluclose test and I also met with Dr. Russell. The gluclose test went fine, the stuff I had to drink was grose but not as bad as I had made it out to be in my mind. It tasted like really flat orange soda with lots of extra syrup and it has to sit there for an hour before I can drink anything including water. So I was glad that they got my blood drawn in time so I won't have to do it again.
I met Dr.Russell today, who is one of the other Doctors in the practice who may be on call for our delivery, and she was great. She is really nice and laid back. She made me feel very relaxed and comfortable and even though I had never met her before I felt really at ease talking to her about everything. She took plenty of time to talk over things with me as well and is very supportive of the type of delivery we'd like which is comforting. I would feel totally happy having either her or our regular doctor there to deliver our baby, they really do have the same personality and mind set on things.
She said that my blood pressure looked great and my weight gain and the babies growth are both right on track with where they should be. His heart rate was at 150 today and she could feel where he was as she pushed on my stomach. At our last appointment at 24weeks he was even kicking as our doctor was getting his heart rate, which was 156 then. From now on we start going in for appointments every two weeks! Can't believe how close we really are.
I'm so thankful that our little guy is doing so well and so far it's been a health pregnancy! God really has blessed us in so many ways.
No comments:
Post a Comment