Friday, November 6, 2009

Surprise

I've started to have a harder time sleeping at night the last little while. I’ve been waking up at night and just staying awake. Monday night hit a new lack of sleep high. It is a lot harder to get comfortable and sleep at night with my new 10 lb belly full of baby. No sleep didn’t help much after a tough couple of days of not feeling great about things (thanks hormones).

However even while I was sitting up at 2am in the front room drinking warm milk to try to get myself to sleep I loved getting to feel his little kicks and him rolling around. Even at 2am our little guy puts a smile my face.

Tuesday Andy was able to leave work early and was already home when I got done with work which was a really nice surprise. When I walked in the front door there were a few other surprises waiting. Andy stopped by the store on his way home and did a little shopping for our little guy and I. He got a great car seat! It’ll fit with our Bob stroller that we got during the REI sale, and it’s adorable! It has cute little green elephants on it; I can wait to have our little guy all safe in it for the car ride home from the hospital. Andy knows me so well; he knows that anything to help prepare for our little guy will instantly make me feel better.

He was really thoughtful and also got me a Boppy Cuddle Pillow to help me sleep, what a great hubby! A few months ago I would have thought that buying a funny shaped pillow to sleep with was a bit ridiculous. However, after a much much better night sleep Tuesday and another good night sleep last night I’m sold. It will make the next 15 weeks a lot easier being able to get some sleep, and it will come in very handy as a nursing pillow once our little guy is here.

Andy is my hero. He knows just what I need and how to comfort me.. He has been amazing though everything. He’s been so thoughtful and good about taking car of me and our little guy. I’m really thankful to have such an amazing husband and I know he is going to be an amazing dad.

2 comments: