We are at 27 weeks; almost 7months. I was reading online this week that he weighs about 2lbs, and is about 14.5” long. In terms of fruit or vegetable he’s now the size of an eggplant this week. His lungs and immune system are maturing and his brain tissue and neurons are all developing at rapid pace this week. His brain waves are now firing away just like those of a newborn baby.One of the websites said he's grown a great deal by this week compared to 10 weeks ago. So I was thinking back to about 10 weeks ago and it seems like a lot has changed since then! First of all our baby and my belly are a lot bigger! He's twice the length and about 6 times as heavy as he was at 16 weeks. At 16 weeks I had just started feeling faint movements every now and again. I had to be paying attention to it to be sure that it was actually our little guy moving and not just my stomach digesting. Now I’m feeling full on kicks punches rolls and all sorts of movements all throughout the day. Andy can feel all sorts of his movements now as well which is amazing! I love when we get to feel him move together. There's just something really special about that. Back at 16 weeks my cravings were starting to switch from the early pregnancy healthy cravings of tons of OJ, salads, and fruit to cookies and other sweets. Now my cravings are starting to change again but back to the healthier side now. Today for lunch I just had to have a big salad for some reason. In week 16 his ears were moving to the right location on his head, now his ears are fully formed and he’s able to hear us! 10 weeks ago we still weren’t sure if we’d be having a boy or girl. Now we know for sure we’re having a little boy! We’ve done a lot more preparing for his arrival as well, we've been trying to become more educated with classes and more reading, and we've been working on getting his nursery prepared with the gear he'll need.
It amazes me how much has changed in only 10weeks! We can’t wait to meet our little guy and live life with him as part of our family. I’m sure those first 10 weeks will be like our world has been turned upside down. What a wonderful rollercoaster ride it will be!
No comments:
Post a Comment