Thursday, January 21, 2010

36 week appointment

We went in for our 36week appointment yesterday; we were really anxious for our appointment and had loads of questions from things that had come up over the weekend. We talked about all of the different symptoms that I had been having over the weekend and none of them seemed to be too big of an issue because they weren't persistent and our little guy is still moving good. She did check for toxemia but it looks like I'm alright. I've been having some pain under my ribs on the right which she said can be a sign of toxemia and problems with my liver, but it turns out in my case it looks like it's just muscle aches or the way he's laying in there. When we talked about the increased amount of contractions I had been having she said that it is totally normal and that at this point if I were to go into labor she wouldn't stop it. She also let us know who will be on call which nights this week and over the weekend and went over when to call etc again. Although I'm just starting to dilate a bit so he'll still stay in there for a while longer at this point. She also reminded us to call anytime with any questions of odd symptoms.

I'm still measuring small, about 2 1/2 weeks now and so we had another ultrasound done to check his size and my fluid levels. Andy and I were both really nervous. Our ultrasound tech, Missy, measured his head and femur at just about 36 weeks but his abdomen is still measuring approximately 2 weeks behind. This really scared us, now that we're so close to then end it's really nerve racking thinking that there might be a problem. We are so anxious for our little guy to be here with us and we are so close to it we really don't want anything to go wrong at this point. We talked to our doctor again and she said that because he's still growing proportionally she's not worried and he looks good. My fluid levels were normal as well so she said there's nothing to worry about. His heart beat was nice and strong at 134bpm which is where it should be now that we are getting closer to delivery.

We were so nervous waiting to talk to our doctor after the ultrasound it made us realize once again how extremely thankful we are that we've had a really healthy pregnancy and there haven't been any big issues. I don't think we would deal with them well.

No comments:

Post a Comment