Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Week 37 update

We are 37 weeks, officially full term! Our weekly doctor appointment went alright today, our little guy is still doing good in there. I've progressed a bit and am 'a good 1cm dilated' as our doctor put it. He is head down and unlikely to flip again at this point, he's also moving down some which is a good sign. I am still measuring small and so Dr. Scariano did an ultrasound to check my fluid levels. She said they looked a little low this week, I had 5cm of amniotic fluid which was down 2cm from last week when I was has 7cm of fluid. She said this may be because of the way he is positioned in there. But she put the baby and I on a monitor for about 20minutes to check on things. So I had two monitors strapped to my belly, one measured if I was having any contractions and the other monitored our babies heart rate and movements. I also had to press a button every time I felt him move. He moved loads which was great and our doctor was really happy about that. The nice part of it was getting to sit and listen to his little heart beating for a while and just really pay attention to our little one and all of his movements. For the next week I have to keep a kick count chart to bring to our next appointment. Twice a day after a meal I have to lay dawn for an hour and count his kicks. As soon as I get to 10 I can stop, if I don't feel 10 in the first hour I have to count for another hour and see if he becomes more active, if he doesn't I'll have to go into the doctor and get checked. At our next appointment I'll have another ultrasound and she wants my fluid levels to have increased by then, if they haven't then we will talk about inducing etc. We are trying to stay positive this week until we know more when we go in next week. The good thing is that he is still healthy and moving loads, our doctor is just being very cautious, which we appreciate. If she does think there is anything wrong we have a great doctor that we trust to take care of things and do whatever is best for our little guy.

Other than that things are going well, my appetite is through the roof these days and I feel like I'm eating all the time again. This little guy seems to have my belly growing out the sides now instead of out further to the front and he's taking up every bit of space that is left in there. The doctor said to reduce any stress in my life and keep it to minimum at our last appointment and this morning she told me to make sure I'm getting plenty of rest and keep my feet up when I can, so it looks like leaving my job as of last week was a good decision. When I asked today if there was anything that I need to be doing now our doctor just said to make sure we have our bag packed and ready to go, and to be counting contractions and call if we get to 5/hour.

1 comment:

  1. yay! you have reached the watermelon size--that's as big as it goes! cant wait to hear about his arrival!

    ReplyDelete