Andy and I had decided long before we knew I was pregnant that we wanted me to be able to stay home with our kids to raise them when the time came. It's something that we talked about before we were married as we thought about our future together and our family. We felt very strongly that it is what would be best for our family and best for our kids. We don't want someone else to raise our baby for us, it would break my heart to have to leave our little one at a day care, especially so young, and miss such precious years of his life and moments growing up.
When we found out that I was pregnant we talked a lot about how long I should stay at work. Because each pregnancy is different for everyone it was hard to say for sure. We decided we'd see how my pregnancy went and how I was feeling, once it became uncomfortable or too much to be at the office is when I would quit,. That time has come and so last week was my last week at Forsberg Engerman Company. Over the last month Andy has encouraged me to take a few days off and take some 1/2days to rest and relax which was great and definitely needed. He has been really great about supporting me and making sure I knew anytime I felt like I needed to be done I could be. It seems like I need more down time and naps these days, sitting at a desk all day isn't a good option anymore for me or our little guy. I'm really looking forward to this new season of life. We can't wait to be parents and I'm really looking forward to getting to be home to take care of our little guy. I am really enjoying and looking forward to getting to be home taking care of things around here. This is actually work that I care about, taking care of things to make it nice and a bit easier for Andy, and soon take care of our little guy. Being a mom will be a lot of work, but the best job that I could ever imagine!
We know that staying home isn't always an option financially and as we look at that side of things we have felt a bit uncertain at times. However we've sat down and gone over it all and worked out a budget, things will be very tight, but we will be able to make it work. It is a priority for us to have me stay home with our son and so we will make it work. I'm really blessed to have such a supportive husband. Andy works incredibly hard to make sure that we have everything we need and is dedicated to doing what is best for our family.
God has always provided for us and we should not doubt that He will continue to do so.
No comments:
Post a Comment