Shannon and I have been friends for what feels like forever and has definitely been one of the closest people in my life. We have gotten to walk though a lot of big events in our lives together, which has been such a blessing. It seems so odd but so fitting that our lives have followed a similar path. A lot of our major life events have randomly happened fairly close together. Soon after Andy and I got engaged we got Shannon and Dusty's news of their engagement. Andy and I went down to the court house to be married shortly after getting engaged and about 4 months later had our wedding in August. Shannon and Dusty did the same thing with their wedding in November. We were the maid of honor in each others weddings and have been blessed to share so many exciting and important moments in life together. It seems only fitting that we get to go through this journey of pregnancy and raising our little boy's together as well! We have always talked about how great it would be to get to go through this together and it's been such a joy to get to. Shannon and Dusty were actually the first people we told when we found out I was pregnant as well. We found out just before we were headed out to meet them for dinner, it was so crazy to get to share our news with them before it even fully sank in in our minds.
Our little guy is due any day now or the next two weeks and then in about 4 months he'll have his little buddy Gavin here to get to meet and play with. Andy and I have loved getting to have such amazing friends as the Shaklee's and we can't wait for our little boys to get to grow up together. I see many play dates in our future with our little ones, and they will of course be best buddies just like there momma's. The picture is from after the four of us went out for dinner the other weekend, Shan at 4months and I'm at 9.

Love you!! Getting closer!!! ;) You mean the world to me!!!!
ReplyDelete