Thursday, January 21, 2010

Drop or maybe not

There were a lot of changes this last weekend as we are getting closer to delivery. I thought for sure friday night he had dropped. We went to go see 'Up in the Air' friday night, which as a side note was a great movie, he was moving loads all throughout the movie. Near the end he was starting to push really hard, then all of the sudden there was a major kick to my ribs, a huge pressure down low and a massive ripple across my belly; each part of the movement was more forceful and painful than any of his other movements. It was really surprising, I want's quite sure what he was doing in there, Andy said he all of the sudden heard me groan during the movie. After we left the movie it definitely looked like he was a quite a bit lower and there was a lot more pressure on my hips and my tail bone than before. He wasn't anywhere near my ribs like he had been for the last few weeks he was all a lot lower. Sat and sunday I had a lot more contractions as well, they were just Braxton Hicks but they were more intense than they had been and had been more frequent. I was having about 3 an hour all day long, and sunday night I noticed a few times when I woke up I was having one as well. In general I wasn't feeling great over the weekend and those end of pregnancy symptoms seemed to be setting in more. It wasn't that we'd been doing a lot over the weekend but I just seemed to be needing to sit down and take it easy a lot more frequently to keep the contractions under control and down to just 3 an hour.

It turns out that he hasn't dropped yet, our ultrasound tech was able to get a measurement of his head and she said once he's dropped she can't really do that. The massive movements friday and new pressure turns out to be that he decided he wanted to flip over in that very limited space he has in there and move around. He must have been using my ribs etc to push off of to get the turn in. He still has his head down and is now facing left towards my belly button with his butt up near my sternum and his legs bent down. He's kind of in an upside down V. Missy, our ultrasound tech, said at this point there is no hope of getting a photo because it's so cramped in there. Poor little guy has his face all pushed up against the placenta and it looks like a big ball of body parts in there.

It was exciting thinking of how close we were are getting now, he could come at any time. It is a little crazy to think that any day in the next 3 or so weeks I'll do the hardest and most rewarding thing I'll ever do in my life, give birth to our little guy. Our lives will change forever and we will get to meet this little guy we've been so anxiously waiting for and been blessed with. We are both just ready to have him here with us, if he needs a bit more growing time in there we're alright with that though, we want him to be healthy and whenever he decides to come is alright with us. We are anxious to meet him, get to hold and cuddle him, give him kisses and see just what he looks like. I really have enjoyed this pregnancy and can't believe how quickly it has all gone. It has truely been a wonderful time in our lives and in our marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment